Whether you’re a business owner sending out products or someone mailing a gift, ensuring your package is secure is paramount. One aspect often overlooked is how you tie your box. In this guide, we’ll walk you through tying a box the Australian way for a safe and successful shipping experience.
Why Tying Your Box is Essential
Shipping boxes travel long distances, often handled by multiple couriers, and are subject to the whims of the Australian weather. A well-tied box protects your items, minimises chances of it accidentally opening and presents a professional image, letting your recipient know you care about their delivery.
- Ropes and Twines: Depending on the weight and contents of your package, you can choose from jute twine, polypropylene twine, or cotton twine.
- Tape: A staple for any packaging job.
- Scissors: For trimming and adjusting.
Step-by-Step Guide to Tying Your Box
- Securing the Box Flaps: Before you even get to the twine, you need to secure the box. Our range of self-sealing boxes makes this step a breeze. For those using traditional mailing boxes, ensure you tape both the central seam and edges. For the heavy-duty boxes, double-taping is recommended.
- Choosing the Right Twine: Consider the weight of your package. A box of books will need a stronger twine compared to a box of soft toys.
- Wrapping the Twine Around the Box: Start at the bottom, leave a tail of about 20cm, then wrap around the box, ensuring even tension. This will give an added layer of security and prevent items from shifting.
- Tying the Knot: Ah, the Aussie Bowline – it’s a versatile knot that’s reliable for many uses, including tying your parcel. Secure the twine in a firm knot, ensuring there’s no slack.
- Final Touches: Trim the twine, leaving a small tail after the knot. This makes it easier for the recipient to untie.
Tips for Additional Security
For fragile items, consider corner protectors or wrapping the item in bubble wrap. Always double-check knots and seals before dispatching your box. And if you’re looking for a unique packaging solution, our die-cut boxes offer a snug fit for varied products.
Environmentally Friendly Options
While ensuring the safety of your package, consider the environment too. Opt for sustainable or biodegradable twine when possible. And perhaps add a little note to your recipient, encouraging them to reuse or recycle the twine.
Tying a box properly for shipping may seem like a minor detail, but it’s these little details that can make all the difference. A well-tied box not only secures your items but also sends a message of care and professionalism.
Ready to send your next parcel? Dive into our range of packaging supplies and discover everything from traditional mailing boxes to innovative self-sealing solutions. And don’t forget to check out our ongoing promotions to grab a deal!